Commissioning a Portrait
There are few things in life as artistically satisfying for me than to have the opportunity to create an heirloom quality portrait for a client. Perhaps it is the exhilaration of observing the client's emotional reaction to the work that I find so rewarding. But I can't help but feel that this is the way that I can best share my "gift" with others--by helping people honor and immortalize those they hold so dear.
I can create a pastel drawing or oil painting of your loved one or colleague starting at various price points. Below is an outline of my typical commission process:
- Personal Consultation: Initial discussion to identify scope of work and client objectives.
- Subject Observation: Meeting with subject (portrait sitter) to observe & better understand the personality and mannerisms of the individual. If possible, I will sketch and make initial studies from life.
- Photo-shoot Preparation: Photo-shoot location & date identified along with attire and and other details.
- Photo-shoot and Review: Photos are taken (for use as painting references), processed and reviewed with the client to identify candidates for the final painted portrait.
- Painting/Delivery: Typically a year once the painting process begins depending upon the complexity and scope of the work. Note: A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking.
Please contact me directly for my 2017 Commission Prices. Suzanne@lagoarthurstudio.com.